Thursday *Summer Fun*

Dear Diary,
Another scorchingly hot day. And a busy one too. We went into the office this morning, which I always like because of the fuss everyone makes over me. Of course! But also there is a cool grassy area out the back with bushes and sometimes there's even dead birds and other dog poop hidden in there! I bet there is a badger hiding in there somewhere too. 

It was already very hot by 10am, Mum said it was 30 degrees (whatever a degrees is) and that seems like a lot. I made sure to spend plenty of time snuffling through the bushes in the shade while Mum stood in the hot sun waiting for me. Lots of ladies from the building next to ours came out on their balcony so I made a run for it through the bushes so I could tell them all about myself in my loudest voice. Mum was not impressed and I got taken straight inside and put in my Penny pen. Sigh, she just doesn't understand. 

After a bit more work Mum and I got into the car and cranked up the air con and drove all over the place. I went into a glass place and a library and even a tattoo parlor  It was cool going into so many new places. I snuck into the library in Mum's bag because we weren't sure if dogs were allowed and no one even noticed me. I am a stealth ninja!

Once we got home it was really hot so I decided the best place to lie would be the brick patio. Hmmmmm hot. Mum had other ideas and put the sprinkler on to water the garden and me! I don't really love the sprinkler, but when Mum throws treats under it you can bet I'm going in there to get them.

Rolling round on the hot bricks after was sooooo nice.

Then Dad came home for work early and we went to the beach. The wind was just picking up when we got there so it was nice. I did so much swimming. Dad was really surprised how good I am at swimming for lots of minutes and Mum was proud. I was a bit annoyed at all the swimming, a lady doesn't like to be wet, and told everyone that Mum and Dad were abusing me. Everyone just thought I was cute and a good water dog. Humph!

After we'd all cooled off we headed home, and just in time too because the wind had really picked up and the sand was blasting me. I don't like that at all, stupid sand. 

I was tired out from all the beach fun so it was an evening of many naps for me. What a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment