Wednesday *Playing with the Terrible Trio*

Dear Diary
After all the excitement of yesterday I've been very tired all day. Luckily napping is one of my many specialties! And when I wasn't sleeping I was thinking about sleeping...

...or begging for food. Mum is such a meanie though, my begging never works! I always have to work for my treats.

But it wasn't just a lazy day. I got to visit my lovely friends Ruby, Hugo and Alice at Aunty Paula and Uncle Robert's. Last time I visited Alice was very grumpy at me. She had a bad experience with a nasty dog so she is a bit of a worrier now. This time she was much braver and even played with me for a little bit before she remembered she had to growl at me. I'll win her over soon though!

As usual Hugo was VERY excited to see me. Mum is very relieved that she made me have that yucky operation just before Christmas, even though Hugo doesn't really know what he's doing. Mum and Dad found it very funny. I'll admit that I did lead him on a bit, giving him kisses as soon as I arrived!

But when I got tired of his slightly inept attentions I showed him that I'm really the boss.

Everyone found this very amusing and then it was time for treats! Yay treats. It all started off well with a treat scramble from Aunty Paula. We were all excited and played together nicely.

Then mean Mum decided that I had to show everyone how I get treats in my house. I had to sit and wait.

I had to lie down.

I had to roll.

And I had to give Mum a paw.

Of course I did it all, and then I had a quiet word with lovely Ruby. She is an old wise lady who I'm distantly related to. She's a Vidlynn like me!

After all the humans went inside to sit round and drink tea I found a rawhide chew in the garden! What a score. So I ran round and round and round while Hugo chased me more. Finally we both got bored of that went inside. I'm glad we did because when I got in there the two mean cats that live with Ruby and Hugo and Alice where plotting something. 

I'm not sure what it was, but I was extra cautious in case of a surprise clawed attack. Hugo, bless him, just looked please with his supposed conquest of me. Ha! He mainly conquested the lawn.

It was a great night and Mum and Dad really enjoyed it too, which is always a nice bonus. I think that next time we visit I might even be able to persuade Alice to play with me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment