Monday *Slaving Away and Learning about Cats*

Dear Diary

Monday's really are a lot of work aren't they. I made an early start today as Mum was busy and so I got down to some gardening chores that I felt needed to be completed. First I turned the soil for Mum to make sure her chilli and tomato are going well. Then I removed some weed mat that Mum obviously didn't need there anymore. I was going to bring it inside so I could show her, but then I remembered the potting mix incident so I just left it by the door. I'm a good dog. 



Mum still didn't seem very happy, so I thought I'd help her do some research. She pointed out the library books aren't for chewing so I was on my best behaviour. 
 

Turns out research is really boring, even if it is children's books, so I did what I do best and slept. Mum was really busy so it took ages for me to get my walk. Mum said we were going to a big park on the other side of town. I've been there before and I liked it because it has agility things and a river and countryside and lots and lots of friends to play with. Today was no different. I was ace at agility.

And I played with everyone!

You'll note I'm swimming in one of the above shots. Mum tricked me into it because apparently jumping around in mud isn't ideal for going home in the car. That's my new friend Teddy I'm chasing, he was after my treat, tricksy little thing!

After all the playing it is always important to have some Mum and me time, otherwise she gets sad, so we headed off along the country walk. Mum wanted me to use my awesome tracking skills and hid on top of a little hill. Lets just say it didn't go well and it took me about 6 circuits of the hill work out where Mum was. Lucky she had the good treats waiting. Then further on I met the BIGGEST dog eva! She was on the other side of a fence with lots of other big dogs so I couldn't play with her. Maybe some other time.

I was really tired after my big walk, but I think that was Mum's plan all along because then she took me to place where men looked at her car and went under it and opened it up and drove it on spinney things. It took forEVER, but even though it was really boring I only grumbled a little bit. I'm a good dog.

After that I thought the excitement of the day was well and truly over, but after dinner Mum got my lead out again and we got back into the car! Brilliant. Off we went to visit Aunty Paula and Uncle Robert from work and their three sausages (and two mean cats). I had the best time running around madly with Hugo (although he seemed to have ulterior motives which embarrassed his parents and made my Mum laugh). She did tell me off for leading him on though and that I shouldn't wind up older men. I was extra good and gentle with lovely Ruby who is very old, but still likes to play a bit. 

The only one I couldn't charm was beautiful Alice who doesn't like me and hid on her mum all night.  
I also tried my best to play with the two cats they all live with. I thought they'd be like that black cat that lives with us and I could chase them and have a brilliant time. I was wrong. They are tough cats and try as I might they wouldn't run. 

In the end one beat me up so now I've decided that the black cat I live with might not be so bad. I maybe might be a little bit nicer to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment