Saturday *Life is a Beach*

Dear Diary
The hot summer weather has returned to Christchurch and while my northern hemisphere friends are bounding about in the snow I'm bounding about in the sand.

It was a scorcher today so Mum decided it was time to visit a different beach for me to play on. But first we had to go to a MILLION shops, and by we I don't mean me, although I did get to go into the one where mum got a thing for her camera. Mostly I just stayed in the car with Mum while Dad did stuff. We drove around so many places that I thought we were going on a big trip and fell asleep. Finally we got to the beach and it was rad (as one of my favourite UK mates would say). Mum says that I am very lucky to have so many different beaches within 15 minutes drive from our house, but surely everyone has the same thing.



This beach is long, like me, and has surf and lots of people and dogs to play with. I did discover that the sea here is really sneaky. One minute I was telling Mum what a great time I was having, the next it was grabbing me! Cheeky.


I didn't mind being wet cause it was so hot, and I am now an awesome swimming dog who is not afraid of the sea at all. But it is rather impolite to sneak up on a Lady. After plenty of running around I found a nice place to rest and chew on a delicious salty pine cone. I really think Mum and Dad need to sort things out and get a good supply of pine cones in our backyard. Slackers.

Then it was time, again, for practicing posing on a log, especially for my UK friends who know the importance of log sitting. I think I nailed it. 

I am a deep, sensitive soul, mysterious and wistful

After so much fun there really was nothing for it but to sleep all afternoon, but I decided that Mum really should rest after such a big walk so I made sure to lie on her neck as much as I could. Then that evening we had one of Christchurch's infamous earthquakes. This is only the second one I've felt, but Mum says there's been over 11,000! It was a loud roary thing, but I was louder and scared it off with my fearsome barking. Mum and Dad were both grateful, but that stupid black cat didn't even wake up. He should be more grateful to me.  How does he expect to be the head of the pack if he doesn't care about earthquakes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment