Saturday *To Bee or Not to Bee*

Dear Diary,
What sort of Saturday would it be without spending time in the garden? Probably a rainy one I guess, but today was not that so I spent some quality time hunting snails (note to my overseas readers snails DO NOT carry heart or lung worm in NZ, it does not exist here so this is not dangerous and my Mum is not irresponsible letting me do this) and smelling the flowers. 

Of course smelling flowers really means chasing bees and Mum tells me off and calls me names like silly and stupid and asks me if I'll ever learn.

What I think she is referring to is the time I actually caught a bumblebee, because I am an awesome hunter, and she had to take me to the emergency vets. She said at the time it was typical of me to do something so silly and worrying on a public holiday. She also said I looked very funny and cute. I don't know what she means. 

I really didn't enjoy that experience but I don't see why it would happen if I caught another bee or two. Or more. 

After that Dad was doing some DIY and that black cat was helping. I really couldn't be having that, he'd just ruin everything for Dad so I carefully chased him away. He came back and seemed quite insistent on staying, he even whacked me in the nose a couple of times, but he ran off so I know that I'm still the boss.

After that I got down to the real work of helping Dad. He rudely suggested a couple of times that I wasn't actually helping, but more getting in the way and causing trouble. The nerve.

Mum has been under the weather again today so I didn't get a walk till later and then it was a big long lead training session. Pooh. I hate lead training. I don't really like being on the lead either, but at least I get to sniff loads of things. I was good on the walk out, but the walk back took a very long time and we went back and forth and round in circles quite a lot. Don't tell Mum but sometimes I just do it on purpose to make her look silly. Tee hee! I'm hoping Mum will feel better tomorrow and we can go on an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment